Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thinking about technology

Every teacher should have a blog. Every tech director should have a blog. Well, that's what I've been reading, anyway. So, I'm starting this particular one to focus on technology in education. Not the hardware aspect of it, although my biases may creep in a bit, but about technology tools and how they can be integrated into our already overflowing curriculum. What works? What doesn't? (Yeah, I've had my share of flops...)

The first thing that I'm going to recommend is that every teacher on the planet subscribe to Free Technology for Teachers . The way I make sure to read it daily is to have an RSS feed on my iGoogle desktop.

And, second, get yourself involved in (at least one) an online PLN. Local, regional, whatever...just get involved. A network of other educators that share your focus and interests is invaluable.

Lastly, whether you choose Delicious, Diigo, or another, make sure you're social bookmarking. Diigo is my current preference, with a classroom component that I can't wait to use with my middle school kids this year. Look me up there, and then please, please, please join the Olympic Peninsula group! That way we can share sites relevant to our magnificent little corner of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment